In the rapidly evolving world of data analytics, the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively is becoming increasingly important. According to experts from MIT, “The skill of data storytelling is removing the noise and focusing people’s attention on the key insights.”
This sentiment aligns seamlessly with the objectives of the Erasmus+ funded DATAVISUAL project.
At the heart of the DATAVISUAL project lies the aim to train individuals in data visualization, and, in the process, support the development of crucial soft skills often overlooked in data analysis. Our mission is to enable data storytellers to ask pertinent questions, understand their audience, utilize basic visual design skills, and emphasize clarity in their message, among other abilities.
Let’s look at a few key points drawn from recent industry news and how they intertwine with our project:
- Ask the tough questions: In the DATAVISUAL project, we not only encourage the extraction of valuable insights from data but also the formulation of impactful questions that drive change.
- Develop audience understanding: A fundamental part of our training revolves around understanding the end-users of the data, enabling the creation of audience-centric, useful insights.
- Basic visual design skills: Our project shines a spotlight on the importance of visual design skills in presenting data, cultivating the ability to communicate data effectively and attractively.
- Edit and simplify to preserve attention: We focus on teaching our participants how to distil complex data into straightforward, actionable insights.
- Practice rapid prototyping: Our training encourages a responsive approach, valuing feedback and iterative improvement in the process of data visualization.
- Gather feedback: The DATAVISUAL project emphasizes the importance of feedback in refining the delivery of data insights and fostering growth in this area.
- Learn storytelling with data: The core of our training is to equip individuals with the skills to tell compelling stories with data, thereby connecting with their audiences on a deeper level.
In essence, the DATAVISUAL project is fostering a new generation of data storytellers, equipping them with skills that are essential in today’s digital landscape. With the EU Big Data Strategy as our compass, we aim to champion a human-centred approach to data, placing European values and fundamental rights at the forefront.
Want to know more about how the DATAVISUAL project is transforming data visualization training? Head over to our website www.bigdatavisual.eu. We’re more than happy to share our journey with you as we navigate towards a more data-driven future.